Friday 2 January 2009

Two thousand and fine

Early afternoon on January 2. That's what it is right now. I haven't had my usual full spectrum consideration of the year just elapsed, nor have I set any ambitious resolutions for the year ahead. Sure I've had a couple of thoughts about what 2008 included, patted myself on the back for a few of my decisions, and thought some more about those ones that weren't so hot. In all I can say I'm happy with '08 and am a better person for the experience. Perhaps there is some utility in mentioning the good bits here:

  • Quitting the job I started the year in (a sensational move)
  • Starting a new job (also excellent)
  • Organisational involvement in the Sounds Boutique 'festival' in January (much learning happened there)
  • Playing various shows at Ric's, Glass Bar and the Moon Bar (rocking dancefloors, or making heads nod, still floats my boat)
  • Taking the personal pledge to surf more often, and relearning all that I had picked up while in Brasil in '07
  • Spending the insurance money from my wrecked Daihatsu on a Kestrel pushbike (solid cardiovascular fitness without the aches and pains of running)
  • The 'penny drop' experience in Sydney whilst at a contract law course... (watch this space)
  • Chatting with Dan F on email and the subsequent article produced (thanks Dan)
  • Getting confirmation of my first ever residency, which is a once-a-month Friday night at Glass Bar

I'm in the midst of nearly a month off, and am enjoying it enormously.

No comments: