Sunday 10 August 2008

The self loathing post

Difficult to put a point on where to from here. I'm nearly 31 an have absolutely no idea what I am doing with my life, nor what I should do to find out. I've done quite a few things, think that I have goals more lofty than most, yet am covered in an apathy that sees me behaving like the suburban masses I think I dislike so much. 'There is nothing more common in this world, than unsuccessful men with talent.' Who was that, Tennyson? I make money, and that's about it. But then, you can be a talentless muppet in 2008 and make money. There's nothing hard about that. Just turn up and punch in. Book hours to overheads and kick back. Log on and read email. Check the sports results on the BBC and wonder about what's happening next weekend. Output? What is output?

Seems like the self loathing comes after weekends spent drinking pish. So why don't I fucking stop it and try to achieve something. Use that apparent store of willpower. Kick a few goals. Get some runs on the board. Stake a claim. Mark out some territory.

Yeah, why not.

No comments: