Monday 15 January 2007

First post

Howdy all,

My man Vincent sent me a link to his blog page and I thought it a fine thing indeed, despite my recognition of Dutch being rather shady. Check his at http://vincentlodder.blogspot.com/

7 April of this fine year of our lord sees me heading off from Australian shores to enjoy the next chapter of my travels. This trip - six months in South America - has been 13 months so far in the making. I continue to save and in doing so the anticipation grows. The brief, rough itinerary goes like this:


  • 07 April - Fly to Miami via LA
  • 13 April - Fly to Barbados for the ICC Cricket World Cup
  • 20 April - Fly back to Miami for the night
  • 21 April - Fly to Quito, Ecuador
  • 27 September - Fly from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Brisbane via Miami and LA

What happens in the big middle bit is anyone's guess, though I predict three months of hiking and wandering about Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia followed by two months of Amazon jungle and beach action in Brazil. I also have the enjoyable task of turning 30 whilst over there. Should be a good party, methinks.

I won't prattle on any more as I still have 11 weeks of work to go, and 12 weeks of waiting before Amy, Rusty and I crack a cold can on the flight to the US and begin the trip proper.

Cheers, Lee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have Fun Lee. Will watch your progress with interest.Take some Fabric music with you!NZ v OZ in the cricket final?Cheers,Ian.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm......well the count down is on and now that you have exposed us to your blogspot be sure to get regular running commentaries from the A Team; action packed excitement from Level 5 overlooking Cordelia Lake! :-)
Jealousy is a curse, which makes me god damn possessed!
have fun brudda!
L&N

Anonymous said...

Hey champ, all the best and look forward to checking in to see updates.

Spot.

Anonymous said...

Always informative, always inspiring, almost back to your fully sick writing form. ahyeah...ahnahh!
Obese people in motorised chairs is too much. We just saw a doco where hugely overweight guys with manboobs were claiming it was actually the condition called gynocomastia that caused their embellished bosom, rather than the 3/4lb burger they had for morning tea... in seppo lingo.. 'go figure..'

Soak up that high altitude air, it ain't gonna be that good for much longer.

Go forth old boy (et al.)
Shah, Pas and Matilda.